Job Title: Program Manager, Christina Lake Development
Employee Type: Full-time Permanent
Reports to: Project Director
Posting Date: July 11, 2013
Closing Date: July 31, 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Purpose of Role:
Contribute to the success of MEG Energy Corp’s operation by applying your experience and expertise in planning projects for MEG Energy’s Christina Lake Development. The Program Manager provides recommendations to MEG Energy senior management and is responsible for all aspects of projects including; project charter, scope, schedule, budget, planning, coordination, quality, AFE resourcing, project execution strategies and plans, and implementation of projects.
- Provide and demonstrate personal Safety leadership in accordance with MEG Energy Corp’s Environment Health and Safety Program. Provide leadership in establishing a strong Safety culture within the MEG Energy Corp’s organization, vendors, service providers, and the contractors we engage with.
- Oversee execution of the FEED and detailed design phases of designated projects; actively direct various stages of projects including project scoping, FEED, detailed engineering and construction.
- Monitor and support local and global procurement & engineering activities; ensure timely turn-around of engineering generated technical queries.
- Provide input to MEG master schedule (EP & C) with MEG corporate objectives; coordinate with all groups within MEG (i.e. Reservoir, Regulatory, G&G, Drilling, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Project Controls, Construction, Technical Services, and Infrastructure etc.).
- Provide budget and cash flow profiles; approve expenditures for the project within authorized spending limits, support AFE development, approvals and on-going management of funds; closely monitor the trending process and control the total installed costs for the project.
- Oversee and ensure facility- related regulatory compliance and timely submission of facility applications.
- Adhere to the defined project scope.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Membership in APEGGA
- 20+ years of project management experience; with 10+ years industry experience directly relating to SAGD production
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of AMSE Section VIII, B31.3, CSA Z662, ERCB rules, regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of above ground SAGD HP steam and emulsion pipeline systems
- Knowledge of SAGD wellhead module and associated pad facilities
- Knowledge of SAGD Central Processing Facilities
- Excellent scheduling and organizational skills