Job Title: Source Quality Surveillance Lead
Employee Type: Contract Position (PSA)
Reports to: Technical Services Manager, Projects
Posting Date: July 22, 2014
Closing Date: August 15, 2014
Location: Centennial Place (Monday to Friday)
Purpose of Role:
- To contribute to MEG Energy success in the construction of its facilities by supporting the Technical Services Manager and working with the Supply Chain Management Manager in ensuring that all purchasing conforms to MEG Energy requirements with respect to supplier quality.
- Develop, manage, implement and update the MEG Energy Source Quality Surveillance (SQS) Program.
- Maintain key relationships with SCM Managers and other projects departments with respect to the SQS Program.
- Overall management of the MEG Energy SQS Program
- Ensure that all MEG standards, procedures and practices are fulfilled with the focus on fabrication of facilities equipment packages.
- Review source inspector selection (education and experience) to ensure technical competency/certification and knowledge of codes and standards applicable to equipment including all fabrication requirements.
- Review the EP Quality Surveillance Plan – inspection levels, ITP, audits, special and specific surveillance activities.
- Engage MEG Energy discipline engineers with major equipment vendor assessment.
- Participate in all major equipment pre-inspection meetings with the vendor representatives, EP package engineer, EP inspection coordinator and assigned source inspector.
- Ensure that the EP responsible personnel maintain acceptable level of accountability.
- Ensure any vendor NCR issues/close outs are properly handled by EP/Vendor/Procurement (MEG and EP).
- Monitoring performance of source inspectors with the EP Inspection Coordinator and 3rd party providers.
- Manage 3rd party inspection agency contracts.
- Ensuring that C&SU/Ops are included in review of fabrication as deemed necessary (witness and hold points).
- Liaise with EP and MEG engineering groups to resolve any technical issues that may arise.
- Ensure inspection reports are distributed to appropriate MEG personnel (SCM/Construction/Ops C&SU/MEG Engineering)
- Maintain equipment inspections summary log and reports.
- Engineering degree / technology diploma with expertise in welding/metallurgy and NDE procedures
- Multi discipline (mechanical/electrical/civil) construction experience
- Knowledge of codes and standards relating to the petroleum industry
- CGSB Level II NDE certification - asset
- CSA CWB 178.2 (ASME B31.3 and CSA Z662) - asset
- API 653 and API 570 - asset
- Minimum 10 years Quality Assurance/Quality Control inspection experience in the petroleum industry.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Contract Law and Contract procedures.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.