Job Title: Treasury Analyst
Employee Type: Permanent full-time
Reports to: VP Finance, Treasurer
Posting Date: September 17, 2013
Closing Date: October 21, 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Purpose of Role:
As a member of the Treasury team, the primary function will be to identify and manage financial risk. The role will encompass the assessment and management of counter-party credit risk, all aspects of insurance, and risk management through the use of financial derivatives. The incumbent will have the opportunity to participate in other Treasury functions such as financings and investment portfolio management.
- Develop and implement MEG’s credit risk management policies and systems.
- Incumbent will coordinate with business units such as marketing and purchasing to ensure the effective implementation and administration of this program, including ongoing compliance.
- Incumbent is responsible to ensure that all financial risks are identified and managed.
- Conduct detailed credit evaluations and reference checks, and assist in the determination of credit limits. Develop and maintain in current form a credit risk database.
- Update credit evaluations on a monthly basis. Prepare and distribute a monthly credit report to applicable managers.
- Manage the receipt and issuance of Letters of Credit, Parental Guarantees and other forms of financial assurance. Ensure that Letters of Credit and Parental Guarantees issued by MEG remain appropriate and current.
- Manage all aspects of MEG’s insurance program, including insurance of construction projects.
- Execute derivatives based financial risk management initiatives, including the hedging of currency risk, interest rate risk, and possibly commodity price risk. Assist in the negotiation of and amendments to ISDA agreements.
- Maintain up-to-date records with respect to all financial risk management initiatives.
- Work closely with external auditors.
- Candidate should possess an undergraduate degree in Commerce (Finance or Economics major), or Engineering.
- Having completed or working towards an MBA, CFA or Canadian Securities Course/IFIC would be an asset.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years prior relevant work experience.
- The qualified candidate must be proficient in working with computers and software applications.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry would be an asset.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Able to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Establish and maintain strong cross-functional working relationships.
- A self-starter with high attention to detail.
- A team player with strong communication skills.