Position Title: IT Action Center Analyst
Reports to: It Action Center Lead
Work Location: Christina Lake, Alberta
Shift Schedule: 7 days on/7days off (12 hr days)
Posting date: October 2, 2013
Closing date: October 13, 2013
- Operational support of personal computing technologies, including deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Coordinate IT activities around incident resolution to accommodate business priorities
- Prepare, set up, and move workstations, laptops, and printers as required.
- Install applications based on documented procedures. Could include manual installations, or the use of System Center Configuration Manager.
- Respond to incoming requests for hardware or application assistance, understanding the urgency and impact of the request to best prioritize activities.
- Actively monitor IT ticket system, reviewing current tickets daily, and updating them accordingly.
- Ensuring timely follow up on requests being worked on, and remaining accountable through completion of the request.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement efforts of our team processes, and actively participate in team meetings.
- Assist with mobile device deployment, training, and ongoing support.
- Ensure timely follow-up and communication to end-users on a consistent basis to facilitate updates and advise of resolution.
- Perform end user account assistance and troubleshooting including but not limited to password resets, account creation, group membership assignment and troubleshooting.
- Contribute to IT Action Center knowledge base and technical documentation.
- Escalate to Tier 3 IT teams accordingly, while actively contributing to resolution where possible.
- Drive business focus and a service oriented approach within the IT Action Center team.
- Coordinate support activities with other IT members to reduce travel time between buildings in Christina Lake.
- Understand and adhere to site safety standards.
- Support digital handsets, including firmware updates.
- Provide weekly cross shift summary to ensure a smooth transition between shifts.
- Participate in on site hardware and application roll out projects as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar post-secondary education from a university or technical institution with formalized education on infrastructure support or a similar discipline
- Microsoft MCSA (Windows 7), MCSE or MCITP pertaining to workstation platforms.
- ITIL v3 certification an asset
- H2S Alive Safety course
Bona Fide Occupational Requirements
- Must be able to lift a workstation (up to approx. 50 lbs).
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- 3+ years’ experience in IT Desktop Support with no less than 1 having been with enterprise-class mature organizations/departments.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Extensively developed written and oral communication skills with specific focus on peer-to-peer and peer-to-management communication.
- Deeply developed problem solving and troubleshooting skills based on analytical thought processes.
- Extensive experience with developing and maintaining comprehensive technical documentation.
- Confident self-starter who is able to work with many different people with minimal direction.
- Knowledge and proficiency on the following technologies and skillsets at an intermediate level:
- Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Mobile Devices
- Basic TCP/IP familiarization, Remote Access , troubleshooting
- Microsoft SCCM 2012, MS Office, Client-Server Applications, Active Directory, IT Service Management ticketing systems
- Operating Systems
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Linux
- Remote assistance tools, Anti-Virus, basic troubleshooting tools
This position is located at our Christina Lake site location which is approximately 2 hours south of Fort McMurray. We currently provide flights directly to our site location from Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Vancouver and Saskatoon.