Job title: Senior Financial Accountant - Contract Position - 9 months
Reports to: Manager, Financial Reporting
Posting Date: October 3, 2013
Closing date: October 13, 2013
Purpose of Role:
Based at MEG’s Corporate Office in Calgary, this position will contribute to the success of MEG Energy Corp. by providing current, relevant and key financial performance information to internal and external stakeholders of MEG.
- The preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
- Coordination of external auditors during quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Support and assist in the month end processing and closing procedures necessary for preparation of financial information.
- The implementation, planning, scoping and mapping of internal controls over financial reporting (“ICFR”) as well as coordination and monitoring of third party ICFR program testing.
- Ability to work directly with other members of the Controller’s team to ensure consistency of external and internal reporting.
- Research, analyze and implement new accounting and financial reporting standard and other ad-hoc projects
- University degree combined with a professional accounting designation supplemented with 5+ years of relevant post-designation experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting standards and disclosure requirements under Canadian International Financial Reporting Standards required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the oil and gas business
- Demonstrates flexibility, attention to detail and proven ability to meet tight deadlines for completion of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and decision making capability
- Superior project management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to present information clearly and consistently
- Motivated individual who is a team player with a positive attitude