Job Title: Senior Inventory Controller
Employee Type: Permanent/Full-time
Report to: Manager, SCM Centre of Excellence
Posting date: November 15, 2013
Closing date: November 29, 2013
Purpose of Role:
To contribute to MEG Energy Corp’s success by ensuring professional inventory controls are established and maintained.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize inventory levels to provide required supplies (at defined service levels) to the Bus.
- Ensure timely and accurate inventory counts and required adjustments.
- Establishes and implements inventory classification and stratification strategies (e.g., A,B,C, critical spares) to effectively and efficiently manage inventory.
- Establishes and maintains inventory management replenishment parameters (e.g., safety stock, reorder point levels, economic order quantities).
- Performs analyses on inventory conditions and manages inventory parameters in a timely fashion and in a way that optimizes inventory storage levels while providing established service levels to business units.
- Calculate and analyze monthly and seasonal demand for materials and create models to forecast future stock needs.
- Manages active cycle, in transit safety stock inventories.
- Manages excess, surplus and obsolete material disposition.
- Manages warranty item inventory and whereabouts.
- Manages material credits.
- Ensures on hand inventory is accurately reflected and visible to stakeholders; monitors inventory accuracy levels.
- Maintains relationships with internal customers.
- Tracks the logistics schedule to understand what products are coming in and when.
- Compiles and analyzes a variety of inventory reports - detailing classification, quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and other stock on hand, stock outs, turnover ratio’s, etc. (Both manual and computerized inventory control and stocking taking methods are used.)
- Maintains internal record-keeping system.
- Ensures proper completion of a variety of inventory forms.
- Works collaboratively with the Warehouse personnel to ensure established controls are maintained.
- Works collaboratively with Procurement for the effective and timely replenishment of inventory levels.
- Provide and demonstrate personal Safety leadership in accordance with MEG Energy Corp’s Environment Health and Safety Program.
- Provide and demonstrate personal leadership in supporting a respectful workplace.
- Post-secondary education in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in inventory mangement ideally in the oil and gas experience.
- Supply Chain Management experience an asset
- Previous experience with a computerized inventory control system
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Skills and Knowledge/Attributes
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage a number of tasks dependent on input from different departments
- Confident self starter
- Good customer relations skills (with internal and external customer)
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Supporter of MEG’s safety culture