Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Employee Type: Permanent, Full-time
Reports to: Manager, SCM Operations
Posting Date: April 16, 2014
Closing Date: April 23, 2014
Purpose of Role:
The Procurement Specialist is accountable for tasks and techniques related to securing required supply of materials and services for assigned BU. They will execute all sourcing and procurement activities for assigned business units as required by the business unit. The candidate is proactive, organized, results focused and provides a high level of customer service within SCM and the business unit. This position reports to the Manager, SCM Operations and is on a daily basis responsible to the Site Procurement Lead.
- Executes sourcing and procurement of goods and services based on defined business needs and according to strategies and guidelines from the Centre of Excellence (COE) and/or Manager, SCM Operations.
- Understands and gathers short term and long term demand information for goods and services; works collaboratively with Business units to understand needs and develop solutions
- Sources one time required and standard purchases within spend thresholds, ad-hoc or non-critical spend, including requirements and specification development, RFx, bid evaluation, vendor selection, negotiate and implement contracts in accordance with COE standards and guidelines
- Selects appropriate contract templates and authors contract clauses with vendor and bid detail
- Supports creations of statement and scope of work (SOW) for good and services based on business requirements
- Initiates SOW and contract negotiations
- Negotiates and authors purchase orders, purchase contracts and SOW’s for exiting MSA
- Monitors open purchase orders daily and communicates with vendors to ensure the timely delivery of materials and execution of services
- Reports on delivery schedules for critical/urgent orders to relevant business customers and Manager, SCM Operations
- Engages with business customers to monitor and resolve any issues with vendors while ensuring no business interruption
- Maintains vendor relationship and monitor vendor performance according to strategies and guidelines from the COE
- Collects vendor performance metrics
- Coordinates contract approvals and signing
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with SCM Team and Business Unit personnel
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase satisfaction and deepen business unit relationships
- Participates in team and business unit meetings as required
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is informative, well organized, coherent, grammatically correct and effective
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation or similar designation preferred
- Minimum 4 years of procurement and contract administration experience
- Experience authoring contracts and SOWs with a focus on scope definition
- Working knowledge of MS office applications
- Excellent Negotiating, time management, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent multiple requirements.
- Possesses a well-rounded understanding of the business at large.
- Proven experience in liaising with the business and stakeholders to understand and articulate business structure, policies, workflow, and business operations.
- Strong communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Strong analysis, critical thinking, active listening and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of IBM Maximo would be an asset