Job Title: Geophysicist
Employee Type: Permanent Full Time
Reports to: Vice President Exploration
Posting Date: May 5, 2014
Closing Date: July 11, 2014
Location: Calgary, AB
For further information on this and other employment opportunities, please contact:
Web site: www.megenergy.com
Purpose of Role:
Contribute to the success of MEG Energy Corp’s SAGD projects by providing technical expertise in the area of Geophysical Sciences. As a key member of the Geophysics Team, you will use your expertise to support MEG’s growth efforts in both oil sands and natural gas exploration and development.
- Interpret 2D and 3D seismic to support development plans for selected MEG oil sands properties including core hole delineation and SAGD planning.
- Provide input for capital and operating budgets.
- Support in preparation of Regulatory applications and updates.
- Support and mentor staff across the organization.
- Evaluate exploration and acquisition opportunities.
- Conduct geophysical evaluations for land sales, expiries, continuations, farm-in, farm-outs and acquisitions for both oil sands and petroleum and natural gas over MEG’s areas of interest.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum a four year B.Sc. in Geophysics from an accredited Canadian University.
- Registered Professional Geophysicist or eligible for.
- Minimum 8 years of geophysical seismic interpretation experience.
- Experience in supporting the development of a thermal horizontal well project in the oil sands of Alberta is required.
- Strong 3D seismic acquisition design and processing skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Seisware and familiar with H&R software packages, Geoscout and Petra geological software. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Broad knowledge of geology and reservoir engineering.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and positive influencing behaviors are required.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced working environment.