Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Management Information Analyst
LocationCentennial Place 520 - 3rd Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Powered by Talcura
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Management Information Analyst
Employee Type: Third Party Contractor
Reports to: Manager, Business Information
Location: Centennial Place - Calgary
Closing Date: February 27, 2017
Purpose of Role:
- To contribute to MEG Energy Corp.’s success in the operation of its SAGD facilities by executing procedures to monitor, track, control, and report Projects-related costs
- Responsible for the financial and management reporting for Projects
- Develop and support models of execution to ensure data integrity, standardization, consistency and efficiency in financial measurement reporting and control
- Working with the Manager Business Information, development of management information policies, work flows and processes, with integration into all affected disciplines and Business Units
- Responsible for the consolidation of the Projects capital budget including scenario analysis and input into Prophix.
- Responsible for the financial controls over the setup, maintenance and reporting of capital projects (AFEs) for Projects, ensuring compliance with capital policy and guidance
- Co-ordination, reconciliation, validation of the monthly reporting packages for distribution to Projects management.
- Quality preparation of periodic presentations to the Board of Directors and senior MEG management.
- Assist with the financial controls over the setup, forecasting and reporting of Projects G&A budget, ensuring compliance with policy and guidance. This includes ensuring the appropriate and timely capitalization of Projects people.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial and management reporting requirements for the Projects organization
- Analysis and interpretation of data to identify issues and make recommendations to resolve these issues, including process and tool improvements
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or equivalent
- Accounting designation (CMA, CGA, CA) would be an asset
Experience/Skills & Knowledge:
- 5 - 10 years of previous oil and gas experience
- Working knowledge of accounting practices, budgeting, management and financial reporting
- Familiarity with computer databases and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to present information clearly and consistently with various levels of staff, management and third parties
- Supervisory and leadership aptitude
- Ability to achieve results through others
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making capability
- Demonstrates flexibility, attention to detail and proven ability to meet tight deadlines for completion of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Motivated, self-directed and results-driven approach to work who takes ownership and accountability
- Deadline oriented
- Individual who is a team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position
- Ability to analyze end-to-end processes in order to drive standardization and efficiencies
MEG Energy is a Canadian oil sands company focused on sustainable in situ development and production in the southern Athabasca oil sands region of Alberta. MEG has a large, high-quality resource base – one that we believe holds some of the best in situ resources in Alberta. We are proud to develop and implement innovative technologies that efficiently maximize production while minimizing our environmental impact - an approach that is not only important to our stakeholders, but also to our team at MEG. These include our Diluent Removal Facility and proprietary HI-Q® technology. Our company is home to some of the industry’s top talent, boasting decades of experience that span nearly every thermal oil sands project developed in Alberta over the past 20 years. We hire individuals who share our commitment to excellence in all that we do and those who are passionate about responsible energy development.