Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Accounts Payable/Invoice Attest Analyst
Temporary Full Time
LocationCentennial Place 520 - 3rd Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Powered by Talcura
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Accounts Payable / Invoice Attest Analyst
Employee Type: Temporary Full-Time – Maternity Leave Backfill
Reports to: Lead Accounts Payable & General Accounting
Location: Calgary, AB – Centennial Place
Closing date: March 20, 2017
Purpose of Role:
To contribute to MEG Energy Corp’s success by efficiently handling the day to day processing of employee expense statements, invoices and contractor LEMS (Labour, Equipment, and Material Summary) and other accounts payable duties as required.
- Verify daily indexing of manual and electronic invoices provided by outsource scanning and indexing provider.
- Insure timely distribution of invoices into the workflow approval process
- Resolve and follow up on vendor queries and issues in a timely manner
- Assist in resolving Ultimus invoicing/accounting issues with employees and contractors
- Accurate attesting, coding and processing of contractor invoices for payment
- Ensuring all LEMS information is accurately reflected on the cost tracker or in Maximo
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous accounts payable experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Post-secondary education as well as working towards an accounting designation preferred but not required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Oil & Gas Industry Accounts Payable Experience
- Knowledge of Qbyte, Maximo and Ultimus software is an asset but not required
- The ability to deal with people in a firm yet friendly manner
- Typing and data entry skills
- Good communicator
- Adaptable and flexible, willing to learn and grow
- Willing to ask questions
MEG Energy is a Canadian oil sands company focused on sustainable in situ development and production in the southern Athabasca oil sands region of Alberta. MEG has a large, high-quality resource base – one that we believe holds some of the best in situ resources in Alberta. We are proud to develop and implement innovative technologies that efficiently maximize production while minimizing our environmental impact - an approach that is not only important to our stakeholders, but also to our team at MEG. These include our Diluent Removal Facility and proprietary HI-Q® technology. Our company is home to some of the industry’s top talent, boasting decades of experience that span nearly every thermal oil sands project developed in Alberta over the past 20 years. We hire individuals who share our commitment to excellence in all that we do and those who are passionate about responsible energy development.